Sunday 27 January 2013

Mi viaje

So I've arrived, and it's all good! The journey was probably the longest 30 hours of my life. Got the train from Swindon at 7 on Thursday morning, wavin goodbye to mother and father. The first leg was really nice, I got phonecalls the whole way which was absolutely lovely. Then London. Brother Anthony met me at Paddington, and of course as it was rush hour my planned route wasn't gonna happen, so there was a lot of running and a crazy taxi ride and... I missed my train to Gatwick. Followed by some more running around like a hopeless child because I'm not very good at transport, and finally managed to get a later train thank goodness. Then this one was delayed due to unknown congestion on the Brighton line, so I was there stressing out stuck on a train. But then after some prayers were prayed it suddenly started again, got to Gatwick fine and as I had left 3 hours before the flight all was groovy. The first flight from London to Tampa was lovely, fine cuisine and fantastic entertainment. Made a new friend, with the  little girl in front of me, we had fun. Although she did ask whether I was a boy or a girl. Hahaha. The second flight was a short one from Tampa to Miami and that was no problem at all, but then in Miami when I checked in they told me that in order to go into Bolivia on a tourist visa (which allows you up to 90 days) you need proof that you{re leaving the country within 90 days, which i probably should have checked beforehand, because I didn{t have any, as I was planning to get a bus to Peru in April. So this involved me running to buy a flight for April, ahh the stress. Then on that flight I was just so tired, in and out of sleep for 6 hours. Then my last change in La Paz, was absolutely fine. Sat with a coffee in front of a beautiful view of the mountains for an hour, trying to stay alive.. It{s really hard to breathe there! They even let me go on an earlier plane because there were spaces, however this made no difference as my luggage was on the next one. Then I was met in Cochabamba by the lovely Chuly, my new mum. Such a relief to get here safely.
Now I will fill y'all in on the rest later, I'm using internet cafe's and I left my camera at home so I can't put any photos on... but it will all come soon, promise! Hasta luego xx

1 comment:

  1. That's one stressful journey! I'm praying mine to Thailand in September is a little easier, I don't think I can handle the stress like you can! Hope you're having a wonderful time xxx

    ReplyDelete